January 10, 2012

Best Wishes

 
   My resolution for 2012 being not to procrastinate, I feel I have already broken it...
   I hope everyone had fun holidays and time to relax, celebrated in the best possible way. It was Christmas for me and my family, and it was great seeing them, some of whom I had not seen for a year! I won't go off topic so, yes, I didn't miss out on wearing lolita. Well, one of my dresses was more of a hime-gothic gyaru- loli style, actually ( the neckline was way too low to be proper lolita). The other was my long dreamed of red velvet winter dress, which of course was not finished in time but still wearable. It's based on AP's Chandelier Print OP and I still need to fix the neckline, add the bows and lace on the front and decide what I want to embellish the skirt with ( a gold paint print or lace?). As always, I didn't find it nice enough when I first tried it on, but now I really love it! I've worn it a few times already and I'm really happy with it. I coordinate that dress with off-white lace tights and black velvet-like ankle-high heels. I'll take pictures of these to show you.( Mind you, I don't know when I'll get to doing that.)
   On the 31st, I went out shopping in Paris for the first time in three months, so I was delighted to discover the local lolita retailer opened a new line for second-hand items! A lucky find later, I owned my very first Metamorphose dress. I'm delighted with it. I couldn't find the name on Hello Lace, but it's calf-length, all white lace with a tiered skirt. The straps and center back are slightly yellowed but it doesn't matter very much. What's more is it will be great for both winter and summer as it is shirred in the back and can accomodate a shirt. It also works perfectly for mori, lolita, elegant aristocrat and antique doll. Is this the perfect dress? I'll definitely be closely watching the second hand section of the shop from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment